- Check the expiry date and make sure the label says it meets
- Store condoms in a cool place. It is not a good idea to leave condoms in a car. If you do keep condoms in your wallet or purse, make sure you replace them regularly
- Condoms come in different sizes. Find a condom brand and size that is comfortable for you.
- Unwrap the condom from the packet but be careful not to tear the condom. Don’t unroll the condom until it’s on the penis.
- To roll the condom on, make sure the penis is erect. Make sure the condom is the right way up. Squeeze the teat of the condom to remove the air bubble and then roll the condom to the base of the penis. If uncircumcised, pull back the foreskin.
- Apply a water based lubricant to the outside of the condom to
increase pleasure and to reduce the risk of the condom breaking. Oil based products will weaken the condom and lead to breakage.
- When withdrawing, make sure the penis is still erect and hold the condom so that it doesn’t slip off.
- Dispose of the condom in the rubbish bin.
- Use a condom only once.
- Don’t put two condoms on for strength – they may tear more
easily because of friction.