Sexual health is more than safer sex, preventing sexually transmissible infections (STIs) and unwanted pregnancy. Sexual health is about healthy relationships, confidence in making informed choices, open communication, acceptance of our differences and a healthy understanding of sexuality and our bodies. It is about life, love, relationships and the freedom of sexual expression. It is about what happens in the head and heart, it is about thoughts and feelings and how that relates to others. Sexual health is about safety, pleasure and respect.
- Being with someone who makes you feel safe;
- Seeking regular sexual health check-ups;
- Behaving without putting yourself at risk of an STI or unwanted pregnancy;
- Expressing and exploring your sexuality on your terms;
- Knowing if it does not feel safe – do not do it.
- Intimacy you have with your partner or on your own;
- Being with someone who makes you feel happy, cared for and secure;
- Having healthy and loving relationships;
- Feeling strong and confident in your own body.
- For your own body and your partner’s body;
- For the choices you make, your partner makes and other people make;
- For people of all sexualities;
- Knowing that no always means no.